Win my Tennis Racquet ukulele by playing the “Lafayette Lilt”.
Contest info and rules:
1. Make a video covering “Lafayette Lilt”.
2. Upload the video the video to YouTube. (Make sure to have “Lafayette Lilt” in the title, but add whatever flair you want to the song)
3. Email CircuitsAndStrings@gmail.com to share your video with me. (Only one entry per person)
4. Video submissions until December 31, 2015 at midnight.
5. Finalists will be posted to this blog on January 2nd.
6. Voting until January 15th.
7. First place wins the Tennis Racquet Ukulele. Second and Third win Guitar Wall Hangers.
Tennis Racquet Ukulele
Lafayette Lilt Tips and Hints
Tablature – Lafayette Lilt
Sheet Music – Lafayette Lilt – Main Riff
This month we were challenged to make a ukulele arrangement for a song that we love. I decided to do “Spangle” by The Wedding Present. I first heard a cover of this song in 2002 and I’ve liked it ever since.
Click on the link to see the chords I used, plus hear 3 more great songs.
The ukulele can be a versatile instrument, you just need to branch out with different strumming patterns and chords. I’m collaborating with some other uke bloggers to share tips and tricks. We will take turns hosting the content. It will be fun.
Check out the pattern that I contributed:
See the rest of the strums here:
The first track of “The Afterman: Descension” album by Coheed and Cambria features a ukulele! I made this video tutorial of the ukulele part.
I demonstrate all of my instruments with either an original song, or one in the public domain. One of my favorite original songs is one that I call “Lafayette Lilt”. I tabbed the song and made a video with tips for my brother a few months ago. Quite a few people have asked how to play it, so here it is. Enjoy.
Download the tabs here:
Lafayette Lilt tabs