Scott has a great YouTube channel that features awesome songs. He asked for song suggestions, so I asked for Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
He made a great version, and even gave Circuits and Strings a shoutout.
Scott also started a channel where he is documenting his quest to grow an avocado tree. His accent, the subject matter, and the theme song all make it a winner. Go and subscribe.
SCOTT GROWS AN AVOCADO TREE
I busted out my handmade electric ukulele, my Namuai tenor ukulele, some bongos, and an 1980s Omnichord in this cover of the hit song “Don’t Let Me Down”.
Win my Tennis Racquet ukulele by playing the “Lafayette Lilt”.
Contest info and rules:
1. Make a video covering “Lafayette Lilt”.
2. Upload the video the video to YouTube. (Make sure to have “Lafayette Lilt” in the title, but add whatever flair you want to the song)
3. Email CircuitsAndStrings@gmail.com to share your video with me. (Only one entry per person)
4. Video submissions until December 31, 2015 at midnight.
5. Finalists will be posted to this blog on January 2nd.
6. Voting until January 15th.
7. First place wins the Tennis Racquet Ukulele. Second and Third win Guitar Wall Hangers.
Tennis Racquet Ukulele
Lafayette Lilt Tips and Hints
Tablature – Lafayette Lilt
Sheet Music – Lafayette Lilt – Main Riff
This month we were challenged to make a ukulele arrangement for a song that we love. I decided to do “Spangle” by The Wedding Present. I first heard a cover of this song in 2002 and I’ve liked it ever since.
Click on the link to see the chords I used, plus hear 3 more great songs.