Michael from Ludwigsburg, Germany emailed some awesome files this week. We added upon the work that Craig from Seattle did.
He tweaked a few things according to his own taste.
He told me:
- I wasn’t very keen on the nut (0-fret) made of a bass fret, so I came up with the idea of modeling it from a piece of walnut.
- The turnaround will be made of a lathe-turned piece of walnut with a glued in 7mm dia. aluminium core with inner M4 thread (lathe + thread tap).
- The turnaround will be held in place by countersunk M4 x 25 screws (internal hex socket, cap-head).
- The position markers and strings will be black.
- The bridge is a thin aluminium pipe held in place by clamps similar to those you used in your early Travel Uke design.
- I skipped the electrical wiring and internal wire channels.
- I initially wanted to use black string pegs instead of simple holes but after a while I realized it would ruin the simplicity of the design.
There are lots of thing that can be done to the original design.
Great job Michael! I can’t wait to see the final product.
Download file here: Travel Ukulele File