A friend brought this mandocello in rough shape. He had purchased it at an estate sale in its damaged condition.
It had a significant crack on the side.
Before I started the glue job, I loosened the strings a lot so they would not add extra stress to the joint.
I got a few syringes on eBay and filled them with glue.
I carefully injected glue into the cracks.
I used some DIY spool clamps that I made last year to keep the joint together.
After the glue dried, I sprayed two coat of nitrocellulose lacquer over the joint to seal everything up.
This was my first chance to play a mandocello. They are really cool sounding instrument that would be a great addition to any folk ensemble.